HERE launches new services to provide drivers with traffic, fuel and parking information based on their preferences and habits
HERE, the location cloud company, today announced the launch of three new cloud-based information services that provide drivers pre-departure traffic information, personalised fuel, and parking recommendations based on their preferences and habits.
HERE Departure Alert and HERE Personal Recommendations join the suite of HERE Automotive Services that seamlessly deliver advanced content to drivers via connected embedded navigation systems. The new services have been rigorously designed to make driving easier at every phase.
- HERE Departure Alert proactively displays traffic conditions on the most common routes a driver takes. The service learns travel patterns – based on destinations, routes, time and location – and combines the information with HERE Real-Time Traffic to aid decision-making at the start of a trip
- HERE Personal Fuel Recommendations learns the fuel preferences of the driver and provides timely recommendations based on:
- The driver’s comfort zone for how far they travel on one tank of fuel before refuelling
- The driver’s preferred fuel brand and sensitivity to fuel pricing
- The distance and time required for the driver to get to a preferred fuel stop
- HERE Personal Parking Recommendations provides off-street parking facility recommendations when the vehicle is within 1 km of the destination, or around the driver’s location when a destination is not entered. Over time, the system learns the driver’s preferences in terms of price or walking distance to the destination
“Rather than requiring the driver to check traffic conditions on a common route, or manually select one fuel station or an off-street parking facility out of many, the HERE services proactively display personalised suggestions to the driver at the right location and moment in time,” said Mark Foligno, product manager at HERE.
The foundations of these new services are HERE Real-Time Traffic, HERE Fuel and HERE Parking APIs, which provide robust, dynamic and accurate information on hundreds of thousands of fuel stations and parking facilities across the world. With decades of experience in designing automotive and consumer location services, HERE is helping carmakers reimagine what’s possible in the car with an entirely new class of personalised driver services.
“These self-learning and contextually aware features provided by HERE align closely with what our research shows consumers want in the connected car,” said Chris Schreiner, Director User Experience, Strategy Analytics. “These new features allow for appropriate surfacing of personalised information at the right time, reducing the amount of time the driver would need to locate this information on their own, thereby allowing them to keep their eyes on the road longer.”