eyevis Helps Sheffield UTCC to Reduce Congestion
A video wall installed by eyevis UK at Sheffield City Council’s Urban Traffic Control Centre has helped fight congestion by overseeing 200 major events and 1,100 road incidents in its first 12 months of operation.
In the last year the system has monitored millions of journeys including people travelling to and from 200 major event and aided the management of 1,000 road incidents such as accidents and breakdowns and 100 road closures, lane restrictions, diversions, demonstrations and marches.
eyevis UK installed eight 55-inch extremely narrow bezel EYE-LCD-5500-XSN-LD-FX displays in the 24/7 control centre last year, when it relocated to Sheffield Town Hall from Carbrook, where it had operated since 2008.
It also installed a Netpix 4900 video wall controller configured for multiple analogue video feeds, IP video feeds, graphic PC data and web browser feeds.
In its first 12 months operation the control centre has:
· Facilitating the smooth running of around 200 events per year
· Monitored approximately 50 football matches at Sheffield Wednesday and Sheffield United with in excess of one million spectators.
· Overseen around 90 Sheffield Arena events with in excess of 720,000 visitors.
· Helped manage large city-wide events such as the Yorkshire Half Marathon, Sheffield 10k Run, Tramlines, Sky Ride, City Centre Grand Prix Cycling, After Dark, Mosborough Music Festival
· Had an operational input at around 100 planned roadworks (road closures, lane restrictions, diversions, etc,), demonstrations, marches, etc.
· Helped manage 1,000 incidents such as road traffic collisions and breakdowns
Thinking Space Systems, the global provider of high quality technical furniture, completed the original control room in 2008. Seven years later, Thinking Space were successful in winning the tender to move the existing consoles to the new location and undertake a complete fit out of an empty office in the town hall to bring it up to control room standards.
Sheffield City Council had identified and specified eyevis UK as their display wall solution and partnered with Thinking Space Systems to create the solution.
eyevis UK managing director Steve Murphy said: “We were delighted to work with Thinking Space Systems on such a prestigious project. As well as the challenge of carrying out work in a listed building, the project needed to be completed within tight timescales and whilst the building was operational. Thinking Space Systems did a superb job in transporting and re-assembling existing equipment on site quickly and efficiently, giving cost savings and promoting recycling benefits. Our installation has offered an uninterrupted 24/7 service, which is key to the successful operation of such an important control centre.”
For more information control room solutions by Thinking Space Systems, visit www.thinking-space.com