Autonomous HGVs – is this the future of trucking?
Self-driving heavy goods vehicles come under scrutiny in issue 2 of THM, Thinking Highways’ new digital monthly publication. What role will they play in the road network of the future, asks Ian Patey, as the UK announces its intention to trial driverless truck technology.
Also featured in this issue are
• Mobile payment,
• Video wall technology,
• The “egoless” car,
• The secrets of the M6toll road’s uninterruptible power supply,
• A focus on the Italian Ministry of Transport’s National ITS Observatory,
• The multimodal search for the alternative to the private car,
• The feast of data that is threatening to overwhelm us,
• An innovative road labelling scheme
• and Alfie Ford’s take on vehicle cybersecurity.